What does Diego mean?
The meaning of Diego is "supplanter".
Diego is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Die-go.
The Given Name Diego
Latinized as Didacus in the Middle Ages, the name may also possibly derive its' meaning from the Greek word didache meaning "teaching".
Diego is quite a valiant name and a welcome find.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
Solidly popular, this one is a keeper.
Diego falls into the place name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Diego Aloysius de San Vitores, Diego Antonio Reyes, and Diego Carvalho.
Want to see how Diego sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Diego Name Popularity Page.
Diego Related Names
- Diego Aloysius de San Vitores ~ Saint
- Diego Antonio Reyes ~ Soccer Player
- Diego Carvalho ~ Saint
- Diego Cavalieri ~ Soccer Player
- Diego Costa ~ Soccer Player
- Diego de Acebo ~ Saint
- Diego de Almagro ~ Explorer
- Diego Forlan ~ Soccer Player
- Diego Jose of Cadiz ~ Saint
- Diego Kisai ~ Saint
- Diego Maradona ~ Soccer Player
- Diego Oddi ~ Saint
- Diego of Alcala ~ Saint
- Diego Velazquez ~ Artist
Diego Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.