What does Earl mean?
The meaning of Earl is "nobleman, warrior".
Earl is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Earl.
The Given Name Earl
A wonderfully distinctive name.
Wrap it up and take it home, Earl may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Earl 'Curly' Lambeau, and Earl 'Dutch' Clark.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1532 in baby name popularity for boys with 104 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Earl has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Earl Name Popularity Page.
Earl Related Names
- Earl ~ 4 hurricanes, 2 storms
- Earl 'Curly' Lambeau ~ Football Player
- Earl 'Dutch' Clark ~ Football Player
- Earl Averill ~ Baseball Player
- Earl Campbell ~ Football Player
- Earl Hindman ~ Actor
- Earl Lloyd ~ Basketball Player
- Earl Monroe ~ Basketball Player
- Earl Seibert ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Earl Wilbur Sutherland Jr. ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1971
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Earl are often squeaky and sincere but most of all they are read more >>
Earl Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.