What does Edgar mean?
The meaning of Edgar is "wealthy spear".
Edgar is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ed-gar.
The Given Name Edgar
Edgar is good for parents who want a name that is sophisticated and bold.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Solidly popular, this one is a keeper.
Edgar falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Edgar Allan Poe, and Edgar Davids.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 302 in baby name popularity for boys with 1177 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Edgar Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Edgar has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Edgar to other names.
Edgar Related Names
- Edgar ~ Scottish King (1097-1107)
- Edgar Allan Poe ~ Writer
- Edgar Davids ~ Soccer Player
- Edgar Degas ~ Artist
- Edgar Douglas Adrian ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1932
- Edgar Faure ~ French Prime Minister (1952; 1955-1956)
- Edgar Laprade ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Edgar Rice Burroughs ~ Writer
- Edgar Salli ~ Soccer Player
- Edgar the Peaceful ~ Saint, English King (959-975)
Edgar Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.