What does Edwin mean?
The meaning of Edwin is "wealthy guardian".
Edwin is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ed-win.
The Given Name Edwin
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
A sweet name that will rock parents.
Edwin falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin, and Edwin G. Krebs.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 298 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,181 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Edwin has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Edwin Name Popularity Page.
Edwin Related Names
- Edwin ~ Saint
- Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin ~ Astronaut
- Edwin G. Krebs ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1992
- Edwin Hernandez ~ Soccer Player
- Edwin Hubble ~ Scientist
- Edwin Linkomies ~ Finnish Prime Minister (1943-1944)
- Edwin McMillan ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1951
- Edwin Valencia ~ Soccer Player
- Edwin van der Sar ~ Soccer Player
Edwin Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.