What does Eric mean?
The meaning of Eric is "ruler of all".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "eternal ruler".
Eric is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced E-ric.
The Given Name Eric
Bold yet luminous, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Eric is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Eric Balfour, Eric Bana, and Eric Betzig.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 143 in baby name popularity for boys with 2,764 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Eric has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Eric Name Popularity Page.
Eric Related Names
- Eric Balfour ~ Actor
- Eric Bana ~ Actor
- Eric Betzig ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2014
- Eric Bogosian ~ Actor
- Eric Christian Olsen ~ Actor
- Eric Clapton ~ Rock Musician
- Eric Dane ~ Actor
- Eric Dickerson ~ Football Player
- Eric F. Wieschaus ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1995
- Eric Idle ~ Actor
- Eric IX of Sweden ~ Saint
- Eric Kandel ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2000
- Eric Mabius ~ Actor
- Eric Maskin ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2007
- Eric McCormack ~ Actor
- Eric Roberts ~ Actor
- Eric Stoltz ~ Actor
- Eric Tie Bi ~ Soccer Player
- Eric Viscaal ~ Soccer Player
- Eric Winter ~ Actor
Eric Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.