What does Gerald mean?
The meaning of Gerald is "spear rule".
Gerald is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ge-rald.
The Given Name Gerald
This 2 syllable name has allure and charm.
Alternate names include Jerald, Jerold, Jerrold.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Gerald Edelman, and Gerald Ford.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 815 in baby name popularity for boys with 278 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Gerald Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Gerald has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Gerald to other names.
Gerald Related Names
Gerald has the diminutive (nickname) Gerry.
- Gerald ~ Saint
- Gerald Edelman ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1972
- Gerald Ford ~ U. S. President (1974-1977)
- Gerald McRaney ~ Actor
- Gerald O'Hara ~ Gone With the Wind character
- Gerald of Aurillac ~ Saint
- Gerald of Sauve Majeure ~ Saint
- Gerald Vanenburg ~ Soccer Player
Gerald Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.