What does Gregory mean?
The meaning of Gregory is "watchful, alert, vigilant".
Gregory is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Gre-go-ry.
The Given Name Gregory
The name was borne by a number of early saints and was very popular with early Christians who were mindful to "be sober, be vigilant".
Gregory falls into the easy nickname name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Gregory Goyle Jr, and Gregory Goyle Sr.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 346 in baby name popularity for boys with 982 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Gregory sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Gregory Name Popularity Page.
Gregory Related Names
The names Gergely, Gergers, Gergori, Greagoir, Gregario, Greger, Gregers, Gregoire, Gregor, Gregoria, Gregorio, Greguska, Grgur, Grigor, Grigore, Grigoriy, Griogair, Grzegorz, Hryhoriy, Kirkor, Krikor, Rehor, Reijo, Reko are all forms of Gregory.
- Gregory ~ Saint, Pope (1012), Pope (1118-1121)
- Gregory Goyle Jr ~ Harry Potter character
- Gregory Goyle Sr ~ Harry Potter character
- Gregory Hines ~ Actor
- Gregory I the Great ~ Pope (590-604)
- Gregory II ~ Pope (715-731), Saint
- Gregory III ~ Saint, Pope (731-741)
- Gregory IV ~ Pope (827-844)
- Gregory IX ~ Pope (1227-1241)
- Gregory of Nazianzus ~ Saint
- Gregory of Nyssa ~ Saint
- Gregory of Tours ~ Saint
- Gregory of Tragurio ~ Saint
- Gregory of Utrecht ~ Saint
- Gregory Peck ~ Actor
- Gregory Smith ~ Actor
- Gregory Thaumaturgus ~ Saint
- Gregory the Enlightener ~ Saint
- Gregory the Great ~ Saint
- Gregory V ~ Pope (996-999)
- Gregory van der Wiel ~ Soccer Player
- Gregory VI ~ Pope (1045-1046)
- Gregory VII ~ Pope (1073-1085), Saint
- Gregory VIII ~ Pope (1187)
- Gregory X ~ Pope (1271-1276), Saint
- Gregory XI ~ Pope (1370-1378)
- Gregory XII ~ Pope (1406-1415)
- Gregory XIII ~ Pope (1572-1585)
- Gregory XIV ~ Pope (1590-1591)
- Gregory XV ~ Pope (1621-1623)
- Gregory XVI ~ Pope (1831-1846)
Gregory Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.