What does Hector mean?
The meaning of Hector is "defend, hold fast".
Hector is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Hec-tor.
The Given Name Hector
This 2 syllable name has a positive vibe and strength.
Hector is also great as a middle name.
Hector falls into the Greek myth name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Hector 'Toe' Blake, and Hector Berlioz.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 318 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,071 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Hector has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Hector Name Popularity Page.
Hector Related Names
- Hector ~ Greek Myth - A son of Priam who was slain by Achilles.
- Hector 'Toe' Blake ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Hector Berlioz ~ Musician
- Hector Elizondo ~ Actor
- Hector Herrera ~ Soccer Player
- Hector Moreno ~ Soccer Player
- Hector Scarone ~ Soccer Player
Hector Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.