What does Herbert mean?
The meaning of Herbert is "army bright, famous warrior".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "army bright".
Herbert is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Her-bert.
The Given Name Herbert
Sweet yet elegant, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
A creative name, that may be just right for you.
Herbert falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Herbert 'Buddy' O'Connor, and Herbert A. Hauptman.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,853 in baby name popularity for boys with 79 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Herbert sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Herbert Name Popularity Page.
Herbert Related Names
Variants of the name Herbert include Harbin.
- Herbert ~ Saint
- Herbert 'Buddy' O'Connor ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Herbert A. Hauptman ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1985
- Herbert A. Simon ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1978
- Herbert C. Brown ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1979
- Herbert Henry Asquith ~ British Prime Minister (1908-1916)
- Herbert Hoover ~ U. S. President (1929-1933)
- Herbert Hoscam ~ Saint
- Herbert Kroemer ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2000
- Herbert Pocket ~ Great Expectations character
- Herbert Spencer Gasser ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1944
- Herbert von Karajan ~ Musician
Herbert Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.