What does Herod mean?
The meaning of Herod is "hero's ode, song".
Herod is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced He-rod.
The Given Name Herod
A wonderfully distinctive name.
Herod is also great as a middle name.
Herod falls into the musical name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Herod Agrippa I, Herod Agrippa II, and Herod Antipas.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Herod has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Herod Name Popularity Page.
Herod Related Names
- Herod Agrippa I ~ Biblical Character (Acts 12:1)
- Herod Agrippa II ~ Biblical Character (Acts 25:13)
- Herod Antipas ~ Biblical Character (Matt. 14:1)
- Herod Archelaus ~ Biblical Character (Matt. 2:22)
- Herod Philip I ~ Biblical Character (Mark 6:17)
- Herod Philip II ~ Biblical Character (Luke 3:1)
- Herod the Great ~ Biblical Character (Matt. 2:1)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Herod are often complicated and crafty but most of all they are read more >>
Herod Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.