What does Isaac mean?
The meaning of Isaac is "he will laugh".
Isaac is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced I-saac.
The Given Name Isaac
In the Bible, Isaac is the son of Abraham and late-life father of Esau and Jacob. As a child, he is nearly sacrificed by his father as a test by G-d of Abraham's faith.
Isaac falls into the biblical name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Isaac Albeniz, and Isaac Angelus.
The trend's your friend. See how Isaac has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Isaac Name Popularity Page.
Isaac Related Names
- Isaac ~ 3 hurricanes, 1 storm, Biblical Character (Gen. 21:1)
- Isaac Albeniz ~ Musician
- Isaac Angelus ~ Byzantine Emperor Isaac II Angelus (1185-1195; 1203-1204)
- Isaac Asimov ~ Writer
- Isaac Bashevis Singer ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1978
- Isaac Brizuela ~ Soccer Player
- Isaac Comnenus ~ Byzantine Emperor Isaac I Comnenus (1057-1059)
- Isaac Dignus Fransen van de Putte ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1866)
- Isaac Hempstead Wright ~ Actor
- Isaac Newton ~ Scientist
- Isaac of Constantinople ~ Saint
- Isaac of Cordoba ~ Saint
- Isaac of Spoleto ~ Saint
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Isaac are often thorough and honorable but most of all they are read more >>
Isaac Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.