What does Ivan mean?
The meaning of Ivan is "G-d is gracious".
Ivan is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced I-van.
The Given Name Ivan
Embraced by many parents, the name Ivan, is one of warmth and sparkle.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
Wrap it up and take it home, Ivan may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ivan 'Ching' Johnson, and Ivan Aleksandar.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 132 in baby name popularity for boys with 3,067 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Ivan has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Ivan Name Popularity Page.
Ivan Related Names
Ivan has the diminutive (nickname) Vanya.
- Ivan ~ 3 hurricanes
- Ivan 'Ching' Johnson ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Ivan Aleksandar ~ Bulgarian King (1331-1371)
- Ivan Asen I ~ Bulgarian King (1189-1196)
- Ivan Asen II ~ Bulgarian King (1218-1241)
- Ivan Asen III ~ Bulgarian King (1279-1280)
- Ivan Buljubasic ~ Water Polo Player
- Ivan Bunin ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1933
- Ivan Franjic ~ Soccer Player
- Ivan I ~ Russian Ruler (1325-1341)
- Ivan II ~ Russian Ruler (1353-1359), Bulgarian King (1298-1299)
- Ivan III the Great ~ Russian Ruler (1462-1505)
- Ivan IV the Terrible ~ Russian Ruler (1533-1584)
- Ivan Lendl ~ Tennis Player
- Ivan Ljubicic ~ Tennis Player
- Ivan Merz ~ Saint
- Ivan Pavlov ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Medicine 1904
- Ivan Perisic ~ Soccer Player
- Ivan Rakitic ~ Soccer Player
- Ivan Sergei ~ Actor
- Ivan Shishman ~ Bulgarian King (1371-1395)
- Ivan Sliskovic ~ Handball Player
- Ivan Sratsimir ~ Bulgarian King (1356-1396)
- Ivan Stefan ~ Bulgarian King (1330-1331)
- Ivan Turgenev ~ Writer
- Ivan V ~ Russian Ruler (1682-1696)
- Ivan VI ~ Russian Ruler (1740-1741)
- Ivan Vladislav ~ Bulgarian King (1015-1018)
- Ivan Ziatyk ~ Saint
Ivan Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.