What does Jane mean?
The meaning of Jane is "G-d is gracious".
Jane is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Jane.
The Given Name Jane
The name Jane, has a wonderfully enchanting quality.
An elegant name, Jane possesses great character.
Wrap it up and take it home, Jane may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Jane Addams, and Jane Andrews.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 321 in baby name popularity for girls with 1025 occurrences. Less than 5 boys were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Jane has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Jane Name Popularity Page.
Jane Related Names
The names Cianna, Geovana, Geovanni, Geovanny, Giana, Gianina, Gianna, Giannes, Gianni, Giannino, Janeka, Janel, Janele, Janell, Janella, Janelle, Janessa, Janet, Janett, Janetta, Janette, Jania, Janiah, Janiene, Janka, Janna, Jannah, Jannike, Jannina, Jannine, Jannis, Jansje, Jantine, Jeanina, Jenina, Jennae, Jennine, Jianna, Jineen, Sian are all forms of Jane.
- Jane ~ English Queen (1553)
- Jane Addams ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1931
- Jane Andrews ~ Anne of Green Gables character
- Jane Austen ~ Writer
- Jane Bennet ~ Pride and Prejudice character
- Jane Birkin ~ Actress
- Jane Campion ~ Film Director
- Jane Curtin ~ Actress
- Jane Darwell ~ Actress
- Jane Eyre ~ Jane Eyre character
- Jane Fairfax ~ Emma character
- Jane Fonda ~ Actress
- Jane Goodall ~ Scientist
- Jane Irwin Harrison ~ U. S. First Lady (1841)
- Jane Kaczmarek ~ Actress
- Jane Krakowski ~ Actress
- Jane Lynch ~ Actress
- Jane Pierce ~ U. S. First Lady (1853-1857)
- Jane Porter ~ Tarzan of the Apes character
- Jane Seymour ~ Actress
- Jane Wyatt ~ Actress
- Jane Wyman ~ Actress
Jane Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.