What does Jim mean?
The meaning of Jim is "supplanter".
Jim is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Jim.
The Given Name Jim
Jim appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
A daring name, Jim possesses great character.
Jim is also great as a middle name.
Jim falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Jim 'Catfish' Hunter, Jim 'Pud' Galvin, and Jim Bakkum.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 2,801 in baby name popularity for boys with 43 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Jim Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Jim has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Jim to other names.
Jim Related Names
- Jim 'Catfish' Hunter ~ Baseball Player
- Jim 'Pud' Galvin ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Bakkum ~ Musician, Actor
- Jim Belushi ~ Actor
- Jim Bottomley ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Broadbent ~ Actor
- Jim Brown ~ Football Player
- Jim Bunning ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Carrey ~ Actor
- Jim Carter ~ Actor
- Jim Caviezel ~ Actor
- Jim Clark ~ Driver
- Jim Kelly ~ Football Player
- Jim Langer ~ Football Player
- Jim Morrison ~ Musician
- Jim O'Rourke ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Otto ~ Football Player
- Jim Palmer ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Parker ~ Football Player
- Jim Parsons ~ Actor
- Jim Pollard ~ Basketball Player
- Jim Rice ~ Baseball Player
- Jim Ringo ~ Football Player
- Jim Sturgess ~ Actor
- Jim Taylor ~ Football Player
- Jim Thorpe ~ Football Player
Jim Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.