What does Jimmy mean?
The meaning of Jimmy is "supplanter".
Jimmy is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ji-mmy.
The Given Name Jimmy
Jimmy is a great choice for parents looking for a more popular name.
A name fit for a child full of greatness and familiarity, a little seeker.
Wrap it up and take it home, Jimmy may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Jimmy Carter, Jimmy Collins, and Jimmy Connors.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 522 in baby name popularity for boys with 533 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Jimmy sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Jimmy Name Popularity Page.
Jimmy Related Names
- Jimmy Carter ~ U. S. President (1977-1981), Nobel Prize for Peace 2002
- Jimmy Collins ~ Baseball Player
- Jimmy Connors ~ Tennis Player
- Jimmy Conzelman ~ Football Player
- Jimmy Durante ~ Actor
- Jimmy Fallon ~ Actor
- Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ~ Soccer Player
- Jimmy Gardner ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Jimmy Johnson ~ Football Player
- Jimmy Kimmel ~ Actor
- Jimmy Page ~ Rock Musician
- Jimmy Smits ~ Actor
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Jimmy are often bubbly and accepting but most of all they are read more >>
Jimmy Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.