What does Kurt mean?
The meaning of Kurt is "bold counselor".
Kurt is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Kurt.
The Given Name Kurt
Kurt appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Kurt Alder, Kurt Cobain, and Kurt Georg Kiesinger.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,450 in baby name popularity for boys with 113 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Kurt Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Kurt has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Kurt to other names.
Kurt Related Names
The name Kort is a form of Kurt.
- Kurt Alder ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1950
- Kurt Cobain ~ Rock Musician
- Kurt Georg Kiesinger ~ German Chancellor (1966-1969)
- Kurt Russell ~ Actor
- Kurt von Schleicher ~ German Chancellor (1932-1933)
- Kurt Vonnegut ~ Writer
- Kurt Weill ~ Musician
- Kurt Wuthrich ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2002
Kurt Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.