What does Malcolm mean?
The meaning of Malcolm is "follower of st columba".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "follower of St.Columba".
Malcolm is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Mal-colm.
The Given Name Malcolm
Malcolm is quite a sweet name and a welcome find.
A wonderfully classic name.
Alternate names include Malcom, Malcum.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Malcolm Butler, Malcolm Forbes, and Malcolm Fraser.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 418 in baby name popularity for boys with 739 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Malcolm sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Malcolm Name Popularity Page.
Malcolm Related Names
- Malcolm Butler ~ Football Player
- Malcolm Forbes ~ Business Mogul
- Malcolm Fraser ~ Australian Prime Minister (1975-1983)
- Malcolm IV the Maiden ~ Scottish King (1153-1165)
- Malcolm Jamal Warner ~ Actor
- Malcolm Johnson ~ Football Player
- Malcolm McDowell ~ Actor
- Malcolm Reynolds ~ Serenity character
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Malcolm are often tender and bold but most of all they are read more >>
Malcolm Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.