What does Margaret mean?
The meaning of Margaret is "pearl".
Margaret is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Mar-ga-ret.
The Given Name Margaret
Margaret appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Margaret Ball, Margaret Clitherow, and Margaret Colonna.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 154 in baby name popularity for girls with 2,103 occurrences. Less than 5 boys were given the name.
View the Margaret Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Margaret has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Margaret to other names.
Margaret Related Names
The names Bitxilore, Gretchen, Maarit, Magali, Magalie, Maighread, Malgorzata, Mared, Maret, Marganita, Margarete, Margaretha, Margarethe, Margarid, Margarida, Marged, Margery, Margherita, Margit, Margret, Margrethe, Margriet, Margrit, Marit, Maritta, Marjeta, Marketa, Marketta, Merete are all forms of Margaret.
- Margaret Ball ~ Saint
- Margaret Clitherow ~ Saint
- Margaret Colonna ~ Saint
- Margaret Court ~ Tennis Player
- Margaret Dashwood ~ Sense and Sensibility character
- Margaret March ~ Little Women character
- Margaret Mitchell ~ Writer
- Margaret of Antioch ~ Saint
- Margaret of Cortona ~ Saint
- Margaret of Hungary ~ Saint
- Margaret of Louvain ~ Saint
- Margaret of Scotland ~ Saint
- Margaret Pole ~ Saint
- Margaret Ray ~ Betsy-Tacy character
- Margaret Rutherford ~ Actress
- Margaret Taylor ~ U. S. First Lady (1849-1850)
- Margaret Thatcher ~ British Prime Minister (1979-1990)
- Margaret the Maid of Norway ~ Scottish Queen (1286-1290)
- Margaret Ward ~ Saint
Margaret Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.