What does Martha mean?
The meaning of Martha is "lady".
Martha is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Mar-tha.
The Given Name Martha
Bold yet luminous, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Martha falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Martha Jefferson Randolph, and Martha Plimpton.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 735 in baby name popularity for girls with 381 occurrences. Less than 5 boys were given the name.
View the Martha Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Martha has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Martha to other names.
Martha Related Names
- Martha ~ Biblical Character (Luke 10:38), Saint, 1 hurricane
- Martha Jefferson Randolph ~ U. S. First Lady (1801-1809)
- Martha Plimpton ~ Actress
- Martha Stewart ~ Business Mogul
- Martha Wang Luo ~ Saint
- Martha Washington ~ U. S. First Lady (1789-1797)
Martha Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.