What does Muhammad mean?
The meaning of Muhammad is "highly praised".
Muhammad is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Mu-ha-mmad.
The Given Name Muhammad
Simple yet memorable, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Muhammad Adil Shah, and Muhammad al Amin.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 352 in baby name popularity for boys with 958 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Muhammad sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Muhammad Name Popularity Page.
Muhammad Related Names
Variants of the name Muhammad include Muhammed.
- Muhammad ~ Military Leader
- Muhammad Adil Shah ~ Indian Ruler (1554-1555)
- Muhammad al Amin ~ Islamic Caliph (809-813)
- Muhammad al Mahdi ~ Islamic Caliph (775-785)
- Muhammad al Qahir ~ Islamic Caliph (932-934)
- Muhammad Ali ~ Boxer
- Muhammad ar Radi ~ Islamic Caliph (934-940)
- Muhammad Azam Shah ~ Indian Ruler (1707)
- Muhammad bin Tughluq ~ Indian Ruler (1325-1351)
- Muhammad Shah ~ Indian Ruler (1719-1748), Indian Ruler (1434-1445)
- Muhammad Yunus ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 2006
Muhammad Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.