What does Paul mean?
The meaning of Paul is "small".
Paul is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Paul.
The Given Name Paul
Paul appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Paul falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Paul 'Bono' Hewson, and Paul Adelstein.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 201 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,996 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Paul Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Paul has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Paul to other names.
Paul Related Names
The names Boghos, Boulus, Bulus, Paavali, Paavo, Pabla, Pablo, Pachjo, Pacjo, Pal, Paley, Pali, Paliki, Pall, Paora, Pauli, Paulin, Paulius, Paulo, Pauwel, Pavao, Pavel, Pavils, Pavla, Pavle, Pavlina, Pavlo, Pavlos, Pavlov, Pavol, Pawel, Pesha, Pol, Pola, Poul are all forms of Paul.
Paul has the diminutive (nickname) Paulie.
- Paul ~ Saint, Biblical Character (Acts 7:58/Acts 13:9)
- Paul 'Bono' Hewson ~ Rock Musician
- Paul Adelstein ~ Actor
- Paul Aguilar ~ Soccer Player
- Paul Anka ~ Musician
- Paul Arizin ~ Basketball Player
- Paul Aurelian ~ Saint
- Paul Aybara ~ Saint
- Paul Baumer ~ All Quiet on the Western Front character
- Paul Berg ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1980
- Paul Bettany ~ Actor
- Paul Biegel ~ Writer
- Paul Bosvelt ~ Soccer Player
- Paul Breitner ~ Soccer Player
- Paul Cezanne ~ Artist
- Paul Chen Changpin ~ Saint
- Paul Chong Hasang ~ Saint
- Paul Coffey ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Paul Copley ~ Actor
- Paul D. Boyer ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1997
- Paul de Leeuw ~ Musician, Actor
- Paul Denn ~ Saint
- Paul Deschanel ~ French President (1920-)
- Paul Dirac ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1933
- Paul Doumer ~ French President (1931-1932)
- Paul Dukas ~ Musician
- Paul Ehrlich ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1908
- Paul Endacott ~ Basketball Player
- Paul Fanaika ~ Football Player
- Paul Fimonaya ~ Saint
- Paul Gauguin ~ Artist
- Paul Giamatti ~ Actor
- Paul Greengard ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2000
- Paul Hanh ~ Saint
- Paul Henri Benjamin d'Estournelles de Constant ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1909
- Paul Hermann Muller ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1948
- Paul Heyse ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1910
- Paul Hindemith ~ Musician
- Paul Ho Hyob ~ Saint
- Paul Hong Yong ju ~ Saint
- Paul Hornung ~ Football Player
- Paul I ~ Pope (757-767), Saint
- Paul II ~ Pope (1464-1471)
- Paul III ~ Pope (1534-1549)
- Paul IV ~ Pope (1555-1559)
- Paul J. Crutzen ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1995
- Paul John Flory ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1974
- Paul Karrer ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1937
- Paul Keating ~ Australian Prime Minister (1991-1996)
- Paul Keres ~ Chess Player
- Paul Khoan Khan Pham ~ Saint
- Paul Klee ~ Artist
- Paul Krause ~ Football Player
- Paul Krugman ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2008
- Paul L. Modrich ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2015
- Paul Lauterbur ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2003
- Paul Loc Van Le ~ Saint
- Paul Lukas ~ Actor
- Paul Martin ~ Canadian Prime Minister (2003-2006)
- Paul McCartney ~ Rock Musician
- Paul McCrane ~ Actor
- Paul Michael Glaser ~ Actor
- Paul Molitor ~ Baseball Player
- Paul Morel ~ Sons and Lovers character
- Paul Morphy ~ Chess Player
- Paul Muni ~ Actor
- Paul My ~ Saint
- Paul Newman ~ Actor
- Paul Ngan ~ Saint
- Paul Nurse ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 2001
- Paul of Cyprus ~ Saint
- Paul of Gaza ~ Saint
- Paul of Latros ~ Saint
- Paul of Narbonne ~ Saint
- Paul of Saint Zoilus ~ Saint
- Paul of Trois Chateaux ~ Saint
- Paul Painleve ~ French Prime Minister (1917; 1925)
- Paul Ramadier ~ French Prime Minister (1947)
- Paul Reiser ~ Actor
- Paul Reubens ~ Actor
- Paul Reynaud ~ French Prime Minister (1940)
- Paul Rudd ~ Actor
- Paul Sabatier ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1912
- Paul Samuelson ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1970
- Paul Sanchiki ~ Saint
- Paul Scofield ~ Actor
- Paul Shinsuki ~ Saint
- Paul Simon ~ Folk Musician
- Paul Tanaka ~ Saint
- Paul Telfer ~ Actor
- Paul the First Hermit ~ Saint
- Paul the Simple ~ Saint
- Paul Tinh ~ Saint
- Paul Tomaki ~ Saint
- Paul Tong Buong ~ Saint
- Paul V ~ Pope (1605-1621)
- Paul van Loon ~ Writer
- Paul Verhaegh ~ Soccer Player
- Paul VI ~ Pope (1963-1978)
- Paul von Hindenburg ~ German President (1925-1934)
- Paul Walker ~ Actor
- Paul Waner ~ Baseball Player
- Paul Warfield ~ Football Player
- Paul Wesley ~ Actor
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Paul are often obliging and happy-go-lucky but most of all they are read more >>
Paul Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.