What does Pierre mean?
The meaning of Pierre is "rock, stone".
Pierre is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Pierre.
The Given Name Pierre
Pierre appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
A wonderfully distinctive name.
Pierre is unique yet compelling due to its mesmerizing and enchanting nature.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Pierre Auguste Renoir, Pierre Beregovoy, and Pierre Bezukhov.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,185 in baby name popularity for boys with 157 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Pierre Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Pierre has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Pierre to other names.
Pierre Related Names
Pierre has the diminutive (nickname) Perrin.
- Pierre Auguste Renoir ~ Artist
- Pierre Beregovoy ~ French Prime Minister (1992-1993)
- Pierre Bezukhov ~ War and Peace character
- Pierre Bokma ~ Actor
- Pierre Bonhomme ~ Saint
- Pierre Bonnard ~ Artist
- Pierre Cartier ~ Business Mogul
- Pierre Chanel ~ Saint
- Pierre Corneille ~ Writer
- Pierre Curie ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1903
- Pierre Dumoulin Borie ~ Saint
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau ~ Canadian Prime Minister (1968-1979; 1980-1984)
- Pierre Etienne Flandin ~ French Prime Minister (1934-1935; 1940-1941)
- Pierre Favre ~ Saint
- Pierre Fourier ~ Saint
- Pierre Francois Jamet ~ Saint
- Pierre Gilles de Gennes ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1991
- Pierre Gringoire ~ Notre-Dame de Paris character
- Pierre Henri Dorie ~ Saint
- Pierre Julien Eymard ~ Saint
- Pierre Laval ~ French Prime Minister (1931-1932; 1935-1936; 1940; 1942-1944)
- Pierre Mauroy ~ French Prime Minister (1981-1984)
- Pierre Mendes France ~ French Prime Minister (1954-1955)
- Pierre Messmer ~ French Prime Minister (1972-1974)
- Pierre Michel Noel ~ Saint
- Pierre of Luxembourg ~ Saint
- Pierre Pflimlin ~ French Prime Minister (1958)
- Pierre Pilote ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Pierre Rene Rogue ~ Saint
- Pierre Savorgnan de Brazza ~ Explorer
- Pierre Simon Laplace ~ Scientist
- Pierre Thomas ~ Saint
- Pierre Tirard ~ French Prime Minister (1887-1888; 1889-1890)
- Pierre van Hooijdonk ~ Soccer Player
- Pierre Vigne ~ Saint
- Pierre Waldeck Rousseau ~ French Prime Minister (1899-1902)
- Pierre Webo ~ Soccer Player
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Pierre are often knowing and pushy but most of all they are read more >>
Pierre Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.