What does Roger mean?
The meaning of Roger is "famous warrior".
It is also of English origin, where its meaning is "famous spear" and French origin, where its meaning is "famous spear english and".
Roger is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ro-ger.
The Given Name Roger
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
A sweet name that will be loved by parents.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Roger Bresnahan, Roger Cadwallador, and Roger Connor.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 580 in baby name popularity for boys with 477 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Roger sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Roger Name Popularity Page.
Roger Related Names
Variants of the name Roger include Rodger.
- Roger Bresnahan ~ Baseball Player
- Roger Cadwallador ~ Saint
- Roger Connor ~ Baseball Player
- Roger D. Kornberg ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2006
- Roger Daltrey ~ Rock Musician
- Roger Dickenson ~ Saint
- Roger Federer ~ Tennis Player
- Roger Filcock ~ Saint
- Roger Guillemin ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1977
- Roger James ~ Saint
- Roger Lloyd Pack ~ Actor
- Roger Martin du Gard ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1937
- Roger McGuinn ~ Musician
- Roger Milla ~ Soccer Player
- Roger Moore ~ Actor
- Roger Myerson ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 2007
- Roger of Ellant ~ Saint
- Roger of Todi ~ Saint
- Roger Rabbit ~ Who Framed Roger Rabbit? character, Who Censored Roger Rabbit? character
- Roger Staubach ~ Football Player
- Roger Waters ~ Rock Musician
- Roger Wehrli ~ Football Player
- Roger Wolcott Sperry ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1981
- Roger Wrenno ~ Saint
- Roger Y. Tsien ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 2008
Roger Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.