What does Sam mean?
The meaning of Sam is "name of G-d, G-d has heard".
It is also of Persian origin, where its meaning is "a character in Shahnameh".
Sam is used as both a boys and girls name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Sam.
The Given Name Sam
Sam is a fearless and refined name.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Wrap it up and take it home, Sam may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Sam Brenner, Sam Cooke, and Sam Crawford.
Want to see how Sam sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Sam Name Popularity Page.
Sam Related Names
- Sam Brenner ~ Football Player
- Sam Cooke ~ Soul Musician
- Sam Crawford ~ Baseball Player
- Sam Elliott ~ Actor
- Sam Huff ~ Football Player
- Sam J. Jones ~ Actor
- Sam Jaeger ~ Actor
- Sam Jones ~ Basketball Player
- Sam Mendes ~ Film Director
- Sam Neill ~ Actor
- Sam Rice ~ Baseball Player
- Sam Robards ~ Actor
- Sam Shepard ~ Actor
- Sam Snead ~ Golf Player
- Sam Thompson ~ Baseball Player
- Sam Trammell ~ Actor
- Sam Walton ~ Business Mogul
- Sam Waterston ~ Actor
- Sam Worthington ~ Actor
Sam Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.