What does Stephen mean?
The meaning of Stephen is "crown, garland".
Stephen is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Ste-phen.
The Given Name Stephen
Stephen is good for parents who want a name that is bold and memorable.
Classic yet stylish, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Although often used, your attractive little Stephen, is sure to make it all his own.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Stephen Baldwin, and Stephen Blackpool.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 258 in baby name popularity for boys with 1439 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Stephen Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Stephen has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Stephen to other names.
Stephen Related Names
Variants of the name Stephen include Steven.
- Stephen ~ English King (1135-1154), Biblical Character (Acts 6:5)
- Stephen Baldwin ~ Actor
- Stephen Blackpool ~ Hard Times character
- Stephen Collins ~ Actor
- Stephen Dedalus ~ A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man; Ulysses character
- Stephen Dillane ~ Actor
- Stephen Dorff ~ Actor
- Stephen Fry ~ Actor
- Stephen Harding ~ Saint
- Stephen Harper ~ Canadian Prime Minister (2006-)
- Stephen Hawking ~ Scientist
- Stephen I ~ Saint, Pope (254-257)
- Stephen I of Hungary ~ Saint
- Stephen II ~ Pope (752-757)
- Stephen III ~ Pope (767-772)
- Stephen IV ~ Pope (816-817)
- Stephen IX ~ Pope (1057-1058)
- Stephen King ~ Writer
- Stephen Kodaly ~ She Loves Me character
- Stephen McHattie ~ Actor
- Stephen Min Kuk ka ~ Saint
- Stephen Moyer ~ Actor
- Stephen of Mar Saba ~ Saint
- Stephen of Muret ~ Saint
- Stephen of Obazine ~ Saint
- Stephen of Surozh ~ Saint
- Stephen Rea ~ Actor
- Stephen the Younger ~ Saint
- Stephen V ~ Pope (885-891)
- Stephen VI ~ Pope (896-897)
- Stephen Vihn ~ Saint
- Stephen VII ~ Pope (929-931)
- Stephen VIII ~ Pope (939-942)
- Stephen Warbeck ~ Musician
Stephen Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.