What does Theodore mean?
The meaning of Theodore is "G-d's gift".
Theodore is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Thee-ah-dore.
The Given Name Theodore
Theodore falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Theodore Gericault, and Theodore I.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 126 in baby name popularity for boys with 3,216 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Theodore sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Theodore Name Popularity Page.
Theodore Related Names
Variants of the name Theodore include Theadore.
The names Feder, Fedir, Feodor, Feodosii, Feodosiy, Fyodor, Keokolo, Teodor, Teodoro, Teodors, Teodosio, Teodozja, Theadora, Theodoor, Theodor, Theodora, Tivadar, Todor, Twdor, Twdore, Twedwr are all forms of Theodore.
- Theodore ~ Saint, Pope (687)
- Theodore Gericault ~ Artist
- Theodore I ~ Pope (642-649)
- Theodore II ~ Pope (897)
- Theodore Laurence ~ Little Women character
- Theodore Nott ~ Harry Potter character
- Theodore of Perge ~ Saint
- Theodore of Sykeon ~ Saint
- Theodore of Tarsus ~ Saint
- Theodore Roosevelt ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1906, U. S. President (1901-1909)
- Theodore Schultz ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1979
- Theodore Steeg ~ French Prime Minister (1930-1931)
- Theodore the Studite ~ Saint
- Theodore Trichinas ~ Saint
- Theodore William Richards ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1914
Theodore Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.