What does Tom mean?
The meaning of Tom is "twin".
Tom is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Tom.
The Given Name Tom
Tom is a great choice for parents looking for a more unique name.
A wonderfully distinctive name.
A creative name, that may be just right for you.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Tom 'Satch' Sanders, Tom Amandes, and Tom Arnold.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,910 in baby name popularity for boys with 76 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Tom sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Tom Name Popularity Page.
Tom Related Names
- Tom 'Satch' Sanders ~ Basketball Player
- Tom Amandes ~ Actor
- Tom Arnold ~ Actor
- Tom Berenger ~ Actor
- Tom Bertram ~ Mansfield Park character
- Tom Buchanan ~ The Great Gatsby character
- Tom Clancy ~ Writer
- Tom Cruise ~ Actor
- Tom Cullen ~ Actor
- Tom Fears ~ Football Player
- Tom Felton ~ Actor
- Tom Gola ~ Basketball Player
- Tom Hanks ~ Actor
- Tom Hardy ~ Actor
- Tom Heinsohn ~ Basketball Player
- Tom Hiddleston ~ Actor
- Tom Hooper ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Tom Joad ~ The Grapes of Wrath character
- Tom Johnson ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Tom Jones ~ Tom Jones character
- Tom Kitten ~ The Tale of Tom Kitten; The Tale of Samuel Whiskers character
- Tom Mack ~ Football Player
- Tom Monaghan ~ Business Mogul
- Tom Petty ~ Rock Musician
- Tom Riddle ~ Harry Potter character
- Tom Rogic ~ Soccer Player
- Tom Sawyer ~ The Adventures of Tom Sawyer character
- Tom Seaver ~ Baseball Player
- Tom Selleck ~ Actor
- Tom Sizemore ~ Actor
- Tom Skerritt ~ Actor
- Tom Waits ~ Actor, Rock Musician
- Tom Watson ~ Golf Player
- Tom Welling ~ Actor
- Tom Wilkinson ~ Actor
- Tom Wopat ~ Actor
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Tom are often bubbly and delightful but most of all they are read more >>
Tom Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.