What does Vladimir mean?
The meaning of Vladimir is "great, peaceful ruler".
Vladimir is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Vla-di-mir.
The Given Name Vladimir
Vladimir appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
This great little boy name has a natural spirit.
A stylish name that will be adored by parents.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Vladimir I of Kiev, and Vladimir I the Great.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,135 in baby name popularity for boys with 167 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Vladimir Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Vladimir has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Vladimir to other names.
Vladimir Related Names
- Vladimir ~ Bulgarian King (889-893)
- Vladimir I of Kiev ~ Saint
- Vladimir I the Great ~ Russian Ruler (980-1015)
- Vladimir II Monomakh ~ Russian Ruler (1113-1125)
- Vladimir Jelcic ~ Handball Player
- Vladimir Nabokov ~ Writer
- Vladimir Prelog ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1975
- Vladimir Sujster ~ Handball Player
- Vladimir Tintor ~ Actor
Vladimir Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.