What does Aleksandr mean?
The meaning of Aleksandr is "defender of mankind".
Aleksandr is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced A-lek-sa-ndr.
The Given Name Aleksandr
Aleksandr is an appealing and elegant name.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Wrap it up and take it home, Aleksandr may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Aleksandr I, Aleksandr II, and Aleksandr III.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 2,150 in baby name popularity for boys with 63 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Aleksandr sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Aleksandr Name Popularity Page.
Aleksandr Related Names
- Aleksandr I ~ Russian Ruler (1801-1825)
- Aleksandr II ~ Russian Ruler (1855-1881)
- Aleksandr III ~ Russian Ruler (1881-1894)
- Aleksandr Nevskiy ~ Russian Ruler (1252-1263)
- Aleksandr Pushkin ~ Writer
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1970
Aleksandr Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.