What does Alexandre mean?
The meaning of Alexandre is "defender of mankind".
Alexandre is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced A-lex-an-dre.
The Given Name Alexandre
Alexandre is quite a sophisticated name and a welcome find.
A special name that is sure to be loved.
A creative name, that may be just right for you.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Alexandre Desplat, Alexandre Dumas, and Alexandre Gustave Eiffel.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,996 in baby name popularity for boys with 71 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Alexandre sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Alexandre Name Popularity Page.
Alexandre Related Names
- Alexandre Desplat ~ Musician
- Alexandre Dumas ~ Writer
- Alexandre Gustave Eiffel ~ Architect
- Alexandre Millerand ~ French Prime Minister (1920), French President (1920-1924)
- Alexandre Pato ~ Soccer Player
- Alexandre Ribeiro ~ martial arts Player
- Alexandre Ribot ~ French Prime Minister (1892-1893; 1895; 1914; 1917)
- Dr. Alexandre Manette ~ A Tale of Two Cities character
Alexandre Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.