What does Alfonso mean?
The meaning of Alfonso is "noble, ready for battle".
Alfonso is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Al-fon-so.
The Given Name Alfonso
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
Alfonso is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Alfonso de Baena, Alfonso Garcia Robles, and Alfonso I the Warrior (Aragon).
In contrast, the year before it ranked 812 in baby name popularity for boys with 277 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Alfonso Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Alfonso has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Alfonso to other names.
Alfonso Related Names
- Alfonso de Baena ~ Saint
- Alfonso Garcia Robles ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1982
- Alfonso I the Warrior (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1104-1134)
- Alfonso II the Chaste (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1164-1196)
- Alfonso III (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1285-1291)
- Alfonso IV the Good (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1327-1336)
- Alfonso IX (Leon) ~ Spanish King (1188-1230)
- Alfonso Liguori ~ Saint
- Alfonso Maria Fusco ~ Saint
- Alfonso Pacheco ~ Saint
- Alfonso V the Magnanimous (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1416-1458)
- Alfonso VI the Valiant (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1072-1073)
- Alfonso VII the Emperor (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1126-1157)
- Alfonso VIII the Noble (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1158-1214)
- Alfonso X of Castile ~ German King (1257; 1273)
- Alfonso X the Wise (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1252-1284)
- Alfonso XI the Just (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1312-1350)
- Alfonso XII ~ Spanish King (1874-1885)
- Alfonso XIII ~ Spanish King (1885-1931)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Alfonso are often lovable and comfortable but most of all they are read more >>
Alfonso Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.