What does Andre mean?
The meaning of Andre is "strong, manly, brave".
Andre is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced An-dre.
The Given Name Andre
Andre appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
This 2 syllable name has familiarity and a positive vibe.
Andre remains a favorite due to its popular and delightful nature.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Andre 'the Giant' Roussimoff, Andre Abellon, and Andre Agassi.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 281 in baby name popularity for boys with 1270 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Andre Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Andre has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Andre to other names.
Andre Related Names
- Andre 'the Giant' Roussimoff ~ wrestler
- Andre Abellon ~ Saint
- Andre Agassi ~ Tennis Player
- Andre Bessette ~ Saint
- Andre Branch ~ Football Player
- Andre Braugher ~ Actor
- Andre Breton ~ Writer
- Andre Dawson ~ Baseball Player
- Andre de Soveral ~ Saint
- Andre Frederic Cournand ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1956
- Andre Geim ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 2010
- Andre Gide ~ Nobel Prize for Literature 1947
- Andre Hal ~ Football Player
- Andre Hazes ~ Musician
- Andre Hubert Fournet ~ Saint
- Andre Iguodala ~ Basketball Player
- Andre Louis Moreau ~ Scaramouche character
- Andre Marie ~ French Prime Minister (1948)
- Andre Marie Ampere ~ Scientist
- Andre Michel Lwoff ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1965
- Andre Ooijer ~ Soccer Player
- Andre Rieu ~ Musician
- Andre Tardieu ~ French Prime Minister (1929-1930; 1930; 1932)
- Andre Tippett ~ Football Player
- Andre van Duin ~ Musician, Actor
- Andre Williams ~ Football Player
Andre Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.