What does Benedict mean?
The meaning of Benedict is "blessed".
Benedict is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Be-ne-dict.
The Given Name Benedict
An elegant name, Benedict possesses great character.
A creative name, that may be just right for you.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Benedict Crispus, and Benedict Cumberbatch.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 1,288 in baby name popularity for boys with 137 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Benedict sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Benedict Name Popularity Page.
Benedict Related Names
- Benedict ~ Saint, Pope (1394-1423), Pope (1058-1059)
- Benedict Crispus ~ Saint
- Benedict Cumberbatch ~ Actor
- Benedict I ~ Pope (575-579)
- Benedict II ~ Pope (684-685), Saint
- Benedict III ~ Pope (855-858)
- Benedict IV ~ Pope (900-903)
- Benedict IX ~ Pope (1045-1046), Pope (1032-1045), Pope (1047-1048)
- Benedict of Aniane ~ Saint
- Benedict of Benevento ~ Saint
- Benedict of Cagliari ~ Saint
- Benedict of Coltiboni ~ Saint
- Benedict of Macerac ~ Saint
- Benedict of Nursia ~ Saint
- Benedict of Szkalka ~ Saint
- Benedict Revelli ~ Saint
- Benedict the Hermit ~ Saint
- Benedict V ~ Pope (964)
- Benedict VI ~ Pope (973-974)
- Benedict VII ~ Pope (974-983)
- Benedict VIII ~ Pope (1012-1024)
- Benedict XI ~ Saint, Pope (1303-1304)
- Benedict XIII ~ Pope (1724-1730)
- Benedict XIV ~ Pope (1740-1758)
- Benedict XV ~ Pope (1914-1922)
- Benedict XVI ~ Pope (2005-2013)
Benedict Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.