What does Ben mean?
The meaning of Ben is "son of".
Ben is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Ben.
The Given Name Ben
The classic name Ben, has a wonderfully stylish quality.
A name fit for a child full of sparkle and familiarity, a little trailblazer.
Ben has no variant spellings.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ben abinadab, Ben Affleck, and Ben ammi.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 730 in baby name popularity for boys with 326 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Ben has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Ben Name Popularity Page.
Ben Related Names
- Ben abinadab ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 4:11)
- Ben Affleck ~ Actor
- Ben ammi ~ Biblical Character (Gen. 19:38)
- Ben Barnes ~ Actor
- Ben Chifley ~ Australian Prime Minister (1945-1949)
- Ben Cohen ~ Business Mogul
- Ben dekar ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 4:9)
- Ben Feldman ~ Actor
- Ben geber ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 4:13)
- Ben hadad ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 15:18, 2 Kgs. 13:3, 2 Kgs. 8:7)
- Ben Halloran ~ Soccer Player
- Ben hanan ~ Biblical Character (1 Chr. 4:20)
- Ben hayil ~ Biblical Character (2 Chr. 17:7)
- Ben hesed ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 4:10)
- Ben Hogan ~ Golf Player
- Ben hur ~ Biblical Character (1 Kgs. 4:8)
- Ben Johnson ~ Actor
- Ben Jonson ~ Writer
- Ben Kingsley ~ Actor
- Ben Roy Mottelson ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1975
- Ben Savage ~ Actor
- Ben Stiller ~ Actor
- Ben Taylor ~ Baseball Player
- Ben Whishaw ~ Actor
- Ben Wijnstekers ~ Soccer Player
- Ben zoheth ~ Biblical Character (1 Chr. 4:20)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Ben are often industrious and honorable but most of all they are read more >>
Ben Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.