What does Benjamin mean?
The meaning of Benjamin is "son of my right hand".
Benjamin is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Ben-ja-min.
The Given Name Benjamin
In the Bible, Benjamin is the youngest of Jacob's sons, and thereby one of the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
Originally his mother Rachel named him Benoni meaning "son of My sorrow" before dying from childbirth. His father however, not wanting such a sorrowful name, renamed him Benyamin, meaning "son of my right hand".
Some famous bearers of this name include: Benjamin Angoua, and Benjamin Bratt.
Want to see how Benjamin sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Benjamin Name Popularity Page.
Benjamin Related Names
- Benjamin ~ Biblical Character (1 Chr. 7:10, Ezra 10:32, Gen. 35:18, Neh. 12:34), Saint
- Benjamin Angoua ~ Soccer Player
- Benjamin Bratt ~ Actor
- Benjamin Bunny ~ The Tale of Benjamin Bunny character
- Benjamin Disraeli ~ British Prime Minister (1868; 1874-1880)
- Benjamin Harrison ~ U. S. President (1889-1893)
- Benjamin McKenzie ~ Actor
- Benjamin Moukandjo ~ Soccer Player
- Benjamin Salisbury ~ Actor
- Benjamin Thompson ~ Scientist
Benjamin Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.