What does Ferdinand mean?
The meaning of Ferdinand is "bold voyager, traveler".
Ferdinand is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 9 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Fer-di-nand.
The Given Name Ferdinand
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
Alternate names include Hernandez.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Ferdinand Buisson, and Ferdinand I.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 4,752 in baby name popularity for boys with 20 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Ferdinand Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Ferdinand has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Ferdinand to other names.
Ferdinand Related Names
Variants of the name Ferdinand include Hernandez.
- Ferdinand ~ Bulgarian King (1887-1918)
- Ferdinand Buisson ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1927
- Ferdinand I ~ Austrian Ruler (1521-1564), Austrian Ruler (1835-1848), Bohemian King (1526-1564), Hungarian King (1526-1564), German King (1558-1564)
- Ferdinand II ~ Hungarian King (1618-1637), German King (1619-1637), Austrian Ruler (1619-1637), Bohemian King (1617-1637)
- Ferdinand III ~ Bohemian King (1627-1657), German King (1637-1657), Austrian Ruler (1637-1657), Hungarian King (1625-1657)
- Ferdinand IV ~ Bohemian King (1646-1654), Hungarian King (1647-1654)
- Ferdinand Konscak ~ Explorer
- Ferdinand Magellan ~ Explorer
- Ferdinand Porsche ~ Business Mogul, Scientist
- Ferdinand Sarrien ~ French Prime Minister (1906)
- Ferdinand V ~ Hungarian King (1835-1848), Bohemian King (1835-1848)
- Ferdinand von Zeppelin ~ Business Mogul
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Ferdinand are often glaring and defensive but most of all they are read more >>
Ferdinand Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.