What does Fernando mean?
The meaning of Fernando is "bold voyager, traveler".
Fernando is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 8 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Fer-nan-do.
The Given Name Fernando
Delightful and sweet, it is a name considered by many parents.
A wonderfully classic name.
Wrap it up and take it home, Fernando may just be the name you're looking for.
Fernando falls into the song name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Fernando Alonso, and Fernando Ayala.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 263 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,399 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Fernando Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Fernando has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Fernando to other names.
Fernando Related Names
The name Fernanda is a form of Fernando.
Fernando has the diminutive (nickname) Fernan.
- Fernando ~ Soccer Player
- Fernando Alonso ~ Driver
- Fernando Ayala ~ Saint
- Fernando I (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1412-1416)
- Fernando I the Great (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1035-1065)
- Fernando I the Handsome ~ Portuguese King (1367-1383)
- Fernando II (Leon) ~ Spanish King (1157-1188)
- Fernando II the Catholic (Aragon) ~ Spanish King (1479-1516)
- Fernando III ~ Saint
- Fernando III the Saint (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1217-1252)
- Fernando IV the Summoned (Castile) ~ Spanish King (1295-1312)
- Fernando of Portugal ~ Saint
- Fernando San Emeterio ~ Basketball Player
- Fernando Torres ~ Soccer Player
- Fernando VI ~ Spanish King (1746-1759)
- Fernando VII ~ Spanish King (1808; 1814-1833)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Fernando are often pretty and selfish but most of all they are read more >>
Fernando Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.