What does Georg mean?
The meaning of Georg is "farmer".
Georg is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Georg.
The Given Name Georg
Georg appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Georg falls into the occupational name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Georg Bednorz, Georg Friedrich Handel, and Georg Michaelis.
In contrast, the year before less than 5 boys were given the name. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Georg Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Georg has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Georg to other names.
Georg Related Names
- Georg Bednorz ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1987
- Georg Friedrich Handel ~ Classical Musician
- Georg Michaelis ~ German Chancellor (1917)
- Georg Nowack ~ She Loves Me character
- Georg Ohm ~ Scientist
- Georg Philipp Telemann ~ Musician
- Georg von Bekesy ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1961
- Georg von Hertling ~ German Chancellor (1917-1918)
- Georg Wittig ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1979
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Georg are often babyish and introverted but most of all they are read more >>
Georg Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.