What does Julia mean?
The meaning of Julia is "downy-bearded, soft haired, implying youthful".
Julia is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Ju-li-a.
The Given Name Julia
Sweet and mesmerizing, it is a name considered by many parents.
Enchanting yet elegant, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Although often used, your attractive little Julia, is sure to make it all her own.
Julia falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Julia Bertram, and Julia Gardiner Tyler.
View the Julia Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Julia has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Julia to other names.
Julia Related Names
Variants of the name Julia include Jullia.
Julia has the diminutive (nickname) Julita.
- Julia ~ 1 hurricane, Biblical Character (Rom. 16:15), Saint
- Julia Bertram ~ Mansfield Park character
- Julia Gardiner Tyler ~ U. S. First Lady (1844-1845)
- Julia Gillard ~ Australian Prime Minister (2010-)
- Julia Grant ~ U. S. First Lady (1869-1877)
- Julia Louis Dreyfus ~ Actress
- Julia Mancuso ~ Skier
- Julia Melville ~ The Rivals character
- Julia Morgan ~ Architect
- Julia of Corsica ~ Saint
- Julia of Merida ~ Saint
- Julia of Troyes ~ Saint
- Julia Ormond ~ Actress
- Julia Ray ~ Betsy-Tacy character
- Julia Roberts ~ Actress
- Julia Salzano ~ Saint
- Julia Sawalha ~ Actress
- Julia Stiles ~ Actress
Julia Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.