What does Julius mean?
The meaning of Julius is "downy-bearded, soft haired, implying youthful".
Julius is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 3 syllables and is pronounced Ju-li-us.
The Given Name Julius
Julius is good for parents who want a name that is fearless and mesmerizing.
A sophisticated name, Julius possesses great character.
Wrap it up and take it home, Julius may just be the name you're looking for.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Julius Axelrod, and Julius Caesar.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 339 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,021 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Julius Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Julius has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Julius to other names.
Julius Related Names
- Julius ~ Biblical Character (Acts 27:1), Saint
- Julius Axelrod ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1970
- Julius Caesar ~ Julius Caesar character
- Julius Erving ~ Basketball Player
- Julius I ~ Saint, Pope (337-352)
- Julius II ~ Pope (1503-1513)
- Julius III ~ Pope (1550-1555)
- Julius Nepos ~ Roman Emperor (474-480)
- Julius of Dorostorum ~ Saint
- Julius of Novara ~ Saint
- Julius Valerius Majorianus ~ Roman Emperor Majorian (457-461)
- Julius Wagner Jauregg ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1927
Julius Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.