What does Leo mean?
The meaning of Leo is "lion".
Leo is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 3 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Lee-o.
The Given Name Leo
Leo is a name with class.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Leo Boivin, and Leo Delibes.
The trend's your friend. See how Leo has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Leo Name Popularity Page.
Leo Related Names
- Leo ~ Saint, Byzantine Emperor Leo VI the Wise (886-912), Byzantine Emperor Leo V the Armenian (813-820), Byzantine Emperor Leo IV the Khazar (775-780), Byzantine Emperor Leo III the Isaurian (717-741), Byzantine Emperor Leontius (695-698)
- Leo Boivin ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Leo Delibes ~ Musician
- Leo Esaki ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1973
- Leo Fender ~ Scientist, Business Mogul
- Leo I the Great ~ Pope (440-461)
- Leo Ignatius Mangin ~ Saint
- Leo II ~ Saint, Pope (682-683)
- Leo III ~ Pope (795-816), Saint
- Leo IV ~ Saint, Pope (847-855)
- Leo IX ~ Saint, Pope (1049-1054)
- Leo Karasuma ~ Saint
- Leo Kombiogi ~ Saint
- Leo Luke ~ Saint
- Leo McKern ~ Actor
- Leo Nakanishi ~ Saint
- Leo Nomellini ~ Football Player
- Leo of Carentan ~ Saint
- Leo of Lucca ~ Saint
- Leo of Nonantula ~ Saint
- Leo of Saint Bertin ~ Saint
- Leo Satsuma ~ Saint
- Leo Suchiemon ~ Saint
- Leo Tanaka ~ Saint
- Leo the Great ~ Saint
- Leo Tolstoy ~ Writer
- Leo V ~ Pope (903)
- Leo VI ~ Pope (928)
- Leo VII ~ Pope (936-939)
- Leo VIII ~ Pope (964-965)
- Leo von Caprivi ~ German Chancellor (1890-1894)
- Leo X ~ Pope (1513-1521)
- Leo XI ~ Pope (1605)
- Leo XII ~ Pope (1823-1829)
- Leo XIII ~ Pope (1878-1903)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Leo are often ordinary and impressive but most of all they are read more >>
Leo Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.