What does Lou mean?
The meaning of Lou is "man".
It is also of German and English origin, where its meaning is "famous warrior".
Lou is used as both a boys and girls name.
It consists of 3 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Lou.
The Given Name Lou
Lou is a great choice for parents looking for a more unique name.
Stylish yet unique, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Lou is also great as a middle name.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Lou Boudreau, Lou Brock, and Lou Creekmur.
Want to see how Lou sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Lou Name Popularity Page.
Lou Related Names
- Lou Boudreau ~ Baseball Player
- Lou Brock ~ Baseball Player
- Lou Creekmur ~ Football Player
- Lou Ferrigno ~ Actor
- Lou Gehrig ~ Baseball Player
- Lou Groza ~ Football Player
- Lou Henry Hoover ~ U. S. First Lady (1929-1933)
- Lou Marson ~ Baseball Player
- Lou Reed ~ Rock Musician
Lou Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.