What does Louis mean?
The meaning of Louis is "famous warrior".
Louis is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Lou-is.
The Given Name Louis
Louis falls into the classic name category.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Louis Antoine de Bougainville, and Louis Armstrong.
The trend's your friend. See how Louis has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Louis Name Popularity Page.
Louis Related Names
- Louis ~ Saint
- Louis Antoine de Bougainville ~ Explorer
- Louis Armstrong ~ Musician
- Louis Baba ~ Saint
- Louis Barthou ~ French Prime Minister (1913)
- Louis Beel ~ Dutch Prime Minister (1946-1948; 1958-1959)
- Louis Bleriot ~ Scientist
- Louis Braille ~ Scientist
- Louis Buffet ~ French Prime Minister (1875-1876)
- Louis Cartier ~ Business Mogul
- Louis Chakichi ~ Saint
- Louis Chevrolet ~ Business Mogul
- Louis Claude Daquin ~ Musician
- Louis Couperus ~ Writer
- Louis Daguerre ~ Scientist
- Louis de Broglie ~ Scientist, Nobel Prize for Physics 1929
- Louis de Funes ~ Actor
- Louis Eugene Cavaignac ~ French Prime Minister (1848)
- Louis Gossett, Jr. ~ Actor
- Louis Hennepin ~ Explorer
- Louis I the Pious ~ French King (814-840)
- Louis Ignarro ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1998
- Louis II the Stammerer ~ French King (877-879)
- Louis III ~ French King (879-882)
- Louis IV the Foreigner ~ French King (936-954)
- Louis IX ~ Saint, French King (1226-1270)
- Louis Jules Trochu ~ French Prime Minister (1870-1871)
- Louis Kawara ~ Saint
- Louis Maki ~ Saint
- Louis Marie de Montfort ~ Saint
- Louis Mathieu Mole ~ French Prime Minister (1836-1839; 1848)
- Louis Napoleon Bonaparte ~ French President (1848-1852), German King (1848-1852)
- Louis Neel ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1970
- Louis Nifaki ~ Saint
- Louis of Thuringia ~ Saint
- Louis of Toulouse ~ Saint
- Louis Onizuka Naisen ~ Saint
- Louis Pasteur ~ Scientist
- Louis Philippe ~ French King (1830-1848)
- Louis Renault ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1907
- Louis Santop ~ Baseball Player
- Louis Someyon ~ Saint
- Louis St. Laurent ~ Canadian Prime Minister (1948-1957)
- Louis Sullivan ~ Architect
- Louis Trevelyan ~ He Knew He Was Right character
- Louis V the Indolent ~ French King (986-987)
- Louis van Gaal ~ Soccer Player
- Louis Versiglia ~ Saint
- Louis VI the Fat ~ French King (1108-1137)
- Louis VII ~ French King (1137-1180)
- Louis VIII the Lion ~ French King (1223-1226)
- Louis X ~ French King (1314-1316)
- Louis XI the Spider ~ French King (1461-1483)
- Louis XII of Orleans ~ French King (1498-1515)
- Louis XIII ~ French King (1610-1643)
- Louis XIV the Sun King ~ French King (1643-1715)
- Louis XV ~ French King (1715-1774)
- Louis XVI ~ French King (1774-1792)
- Louis XVIII ~ French King (1814-1824)
- Louis Zephirin Moreau ~ Saint
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Louis are often wary and energetic but most of all they are read more >>
Louis Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.