What does Luis mean?
The meaning of Luis is "famous warrior".
Luis is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Luis.
The Given Name Luis
Luis appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
Luis has no variant spellings.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Luis Amaranto Perea, and Luis Aparicio.
View the Luis Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Luis has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Luis to other names.
Luis Related Names
- Luis ~ Portuguese King (1861-1889), 1 hurricane
- Luis Amaranto Perea ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Aparicio ~ Baseball Player
- Luis Aragones ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Bertran ~ Saint
- Luis Bertran the Younger ~ Saint
- Luis Bunuel ~ Film Director
- Luis Federico Leloir ~ Nobel Prize for Chemistry 1970
- Luis Figo ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Flores ~ Saint
- Luis Geronimo Abreu ~ Actor
- Luis I ~ Spanish King (1724)
- Luis Ibarachi ~ Saint
- Luis Monti ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Muriel ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Sasanda ~ Saint
- Luis Sotelo ~ Saint
- Luis Suarez ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Suarez Miramontes ~ Soccer Player
- Luis Walter Alvarez ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1968
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Luis are often cheery and eager but most of all they are read more >>
Luis Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.