What does Marcus mean?
The meaning of Marcus is "of Mars the god of war, warlike".
Marcus is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Mar-cus.
The Given Name Marcus
This 2 syllable name has allure and a positive vibe.
Marcus remains a favorite due to its valiant and mesmerizing nature.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Marcus Aemilius Aemilianus, and Marcus Aemilius Lepidus.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 195 in baby name popularity for boys with 2,023 occurrences. It ranked 17,432 in baby name popularity for girls with 5 occurrences.
View the Marcus Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Marcus has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Marcus to other names.
Marcus Related Names
- Marcus ~ Saint
- Marcus Aemilius Aemilianus ~ Roman Emperor Aemilian (253)
- Marcus Aemilius Lepidus ~ Military Leader
- Marcus Allen ~ Football Player
- Marcus Annius Florianus ~ Roman Emperor Florian (276)
- Marcus Antonius ~ Military Leader
- Marcus Antonius Gordianus Pius ~ Roman Emperor Gordian III (238-244)
- Marcus Antonius Gordianus Sempronianus Romanus Africanus ~ Roman Emperor Gordian I (238), Roman Emperor Gordian II (238)
- Marcus Aurelius Carinus ~ Roman Emperor Carinus (283-285)
- Marcus Aurelius Carus ~ Roman Emperor Carus (282-283)
- Marcus Aurelius Claudius ~ Roman Emperor Claudius II Gothicus (268-270)
- Marcus Aurelius Claudius Quintillus ~ Roman Emperor Quintillus (270)
- Marcus Aurelius Numerius Numerianus ~ Roman Emperor Numerian (283-284)
- Marcus Aurelius Probus ~ Roman Emperor Probus (276-282)
- Marcus Aurelius Severus Alexander ~ Roman Emperor Alexander Severus (222-235)
- Marcus Aurelius Valerius Maxentius ~ Roman Emperor Maxentius (306-312)
- Marcus Aurelius Valerius Maximianus ~ Roman Emperor Maximian (286-305)
- Marcus Claudius Tacitus ~ Roman Emperor Tacitus (275-276)
- Marcus Clodius Pupienus Maximus ~ Roman Emperor Pupienus (238)
- Marcus Cocceius Nerva ~ Roman Emperor Nerva (96-98)
- Marcus Didius Severus Julianus ~ Roman Emperor Didius Julianus (193)
- Marcus Easley ~ Football Player
- Marcus Ericsson ~ Driver
- Marcus Flavius Valerius Constantius ~ Roman Emperor Constantius I Chlorus (305-306)
- Marcus Flint ~ Harry Potter character
- Marcus Goldman ~ Business Mogul
- Marcus Julius Philippus ~ Roman Emperor Philip the Arab (244-249)
- Marcus Junius Brutus ~ Julius Caesar character
- Marcus Licinius Crassus ~ Military Leader
- Marcus Marcus Aurelius Antoninus ~ Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius (161-180)
- Marcus Mariota ~ Football Player
- Marcus Opellius Macrinus ~ Roman Emperor Macrinus (217-218)
- Marcus Salvius Otho ~ Roman Emperor Otho (69)
- Marcus Ulpius Nerva Trajanus ~ Roman Emperor Trajan (98-117)
- Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa ~ Military Leader
Want to know how your name choice may effect your child?
Then take a look at the Numerological Report For Marcus.
It may give you some insight about your new baby.
Children named Marcus are often gifted and specific but most of all they are read more >>
Marcus Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.
Just for fun, see the name Marcus in Hieroglyphics, learn about ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics and write a Hieroglyphic message.
Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Marcus in Nautical Flags page.