What does Mark mean?
The meaning of Mark is "of Mars the god of war, warlike".
Mark is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 4 letters and 1 syllable and is pronounced Mark.
The Given Name Mark
Mark is a great choice for parents looking for a more popular name.
An auspicious name, it is one that will be admired.
A name that will flow off your tongue.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Mark Addy, and Mark Antony.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 203 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,940 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Mark sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Mark Name Popularity Page.
Mark Related Names
- Mark ~ Biblical Character (Col. 4:10), Pope (336), Saint
- Mark Addy ~ Actor
- Mark Antony ~ Julius Caesar character
- Mark Barkworth ~ Saint
- Mark Bresciano ~ Soccer Player
- Mark Chong Ui bae ~ Saint
- Mark Consuelos ~ Actor
- Mark Feuerstein ~ Actor
- Mark Hamill ~ Actor
- Mark Harmon ~ Actor
- Mark Herzlich ~ Football Player
- Mark Howe ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Mark Isham ~ Musician
- Mark Mancina ~ Musician
- Mark Messier ~ Ice Hockey Player
- Mark Milligan ~ Soccer Player
- Mark Paul Gosselaar ~ Actor
- Mark Rothko ~ Artist
- Mark Ruffalo ~ Actor
- Mark Rutte ~ Dutch Prime Minister (2010-)
- Mark Rylance ~ Actor
- Mark Strong ~ Actor
- Mark Twain ~ Writer
- Mark Valley ~ Actor
- Mark van Bommel ~ Soccer Player
- Mark Wahlberg ~ Actor
- Mark Zuckerberg ~ Business Mogul
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Mark are often flamboyant and perfumed but most of all they are read more >>
Mark Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.