What does Philip mean?
The meaning of Philip is "lover of horses".
Philip is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Phi-lip.
The Given Name Philip
Philip is quite a stylish name and a welcome find.
Want to make this name more unique? Try spell it backwards.
Solidly popular, this one is a keeper.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Philip Benizi, and Philip Berruyer.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 389 in baby name popularity for boys with 795 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
Want to see how Philip sizes up? How it compares to some other names? Then check out the Philip Name Popularity Page.
Philip Related Names
- Philip ~ Biblical Character (John 1:44, Acts 6:5), Pope (768), Saint
- Philip Benizi ~ Saint
- Philip Berruyer ~ Saint
- Philip Casnoff ~ Actor
- Philip Elton ~ Emma character
- Philip Glass ~ Musician
- Philip Guston ~ Artist
- Philip Howard ~ Saint
- Philip K. Dick ~ Writer
- Philip Minh ~ Saint
- Philip Noel Baker ~ Nobel Prize for Peace 1959
- Philip of Zell ~ Saint
- Philip Pirrip ~ Great Expectations character
- Philip Powell ~ Saint
- Philip Pullman ~ Writer
- Philip Roth ~ Writer
- Philip Seymour Hoffman ~ Actor
- Philip Showalter Hench ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1950
- Philip Sidney ~ Writer
- Philip Siphong Onphitak ~ Saint
- Philip Warren Anderson ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1977
Philip Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.