What does Sarah mean?
The meaning of Sarah is "princess".
Sarah is generally used as a girl's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Sa-rah.
The Given Name Sarah
Some famous bearers of this name include: Sarah Bernhardt, and Sarah Chalke.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 50 in baby name popularity for girls with 4682 occurrences. Less than 5 boys were given the name.
View the Sarah Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Sarah has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Sarah to other names.
Sarah Related Names
- Sarah ~ Biblical Character (Gen. 11:29)
- Sarah Bernhardt ~ Actress
- Sarah Chalke ~ Actress
- Sarah Childress Polk ~ U. S. First Lady (1845-1849)
- Sarah Connor ~ The Terminator character
- Sarah Drew ~ Actress
- Sarah Frances Whiting ~ Scientist
- Sarah Jane Morris ~ Actress
- Sarah Jessica Parker ~ Actress
- Sarah Michelle Gellar ~ Actress
- Sarah Paulson ~ Actress
- Sarah Silverman ~ Actress
- Sarah Wayne Callies ~ Actress
- Sarah Yorke Jackson ~ U. S. First Lady (1834-1837)
It may all be in the numbers.
The numbers that make up your child's name.
Numerology may give you some insight.
Children named Sarah are often optimistic and poised but most of all they are read more >>
Sarah Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.