What does Simon mean?
The meaning of Simon is "hearkening, listening intently".
Simon is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Si-mon.
The Given Name Simon
Simon appeals to parents who seek a name with genuine depth.
Sophisticated yet enchanting, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Simon remains a favorite due to its appealing and chic nature.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Simon Baker, and Simon Callow.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 231 in baby name popularity for boys with 1,613 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
View the Simon Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Simon has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Simon to other names.
Simon Related Names
- Simon ~ Biblical Character (Acts 9:43, John 6:71, Luke 7:36, Matt. 13:55, Matt. 26:6, Matt. 27:32, Matt. 10:4)
- Simon Baker ~ Actor
- Simon Callow ~ Actor
- Simon Carmiggelt ~ Writer
- Simon de Rojas ~ Saint
- Simon Helberg ~ Actor
- Simon Kiota Bokusai ~ Saint
- Simon Kuznets ~ Nobel Prize for Economics 1971
- Simon Magnus ~ Biblical Character (Acts 8:9)
- Simon of Crepy ~ Saint
- Simon of Trent ~ Saint
- Simon Pegg ~ Actor
- Simon Stock ~ Saint
- Simon van der Meer ~ Nobel Prize for Physics 1984
- Simon Vestdijk ~ Writer
- Simon Yempo ~ Saint
Simon Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.