What does Stanley mean?
The meaning of Stanley is "near the rocky meadow".
Stanley is generally used as a boy's name.
It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Stan-ley.
The Given Name Stanley
Elegant yet luminous, the name is a great blend of character and flair.
Although often used, your chic little Stanley, is sure to make it all his own.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Stanley B. Prusiner, Stanley Baldwin, and Stanley Bruce.
In contrast, the year before it ranked 703 in baby name popularity for boys with 349 occurrences. Less than 5 girls were given the name.
The trend's your friend. See how Stanley has changed in popularity since 1880 by visiting the Stanley Name Popularity Page.
Stanley Related Names
Stanley has the diminutive (nickname) Stan.
- Stanley B. Prusiner ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1997
- Stanley Baldwin ~ British Prime Minister (1923-1924; 1924-1929; 1935-1937)
- Stanley Bruce ~ Australian Prime Minister (1923-1929)
- Stanley Cohen ~ Nobel Prize for Medicine 1986
- Stanley Kowalski ~ A Streetcar Named Desire character
- Stanley Kubrick ~ Film Director
- Stanley Matthews ~ Soccer Player
- Stanley Tucci ~ Actor
Stanley Name Fun
Then just follow the diagram below.